The Bristol collection of steel entry doors gives you many choices and options to personalize your home’s entryway.
Steel doors are recognized for both superior security benefits and a high insulation factor. Winchester Industries doors can be painted and/or stained to coordinate with any home decor and color scheme. A wide variety of panel designs and glass options are available in both steel edge and wood edge construction.
High-definition decorative panel profiles closely replicate the appearance of a high-end wood door but with enhanced security. Make a grand entrance statement with the addition of Traditional-, Classic-, or Decorative-Glass inserts.
Bristol doors start with a baked-on primer that creates the ultimate base for a unique finishing process. Rot-resistant bottom rail, reinforced internal lock block, reinforced steel plates and interlocking hinges are among the features that help to keep your door looking and acting new long after you purchase your entry system.
Here are some features that will make this door the best door you will ever own:
- Adjustable door slab; each hinge location can be adjusted to hang true in the fussiest of openings. Adjusts out & up and up & down for proper alignment and maximum performance.
- Unique slide on, dual durometer bottom door sweep improves air and water penetration and is not affected by temperature extremes.
- 22-gauge, hot-dipped, G-40 galvanized, tension leveled, vertically grain-engraved steel makes it one of the toughest, most durable residential steel doors available. Highly dent resistant!
- Enhanced full 4” x 10” composite injection-molded lock reinforcement block protects hardware while providing a superior thermal barrier.
- Proudly utilizing only domestic steel, each door is built to specifications and is custom factory finished with two finish options – painted and/or stained in one or two colors. (Stained doors have two different priming applications before applying the stain and final clear coat.)
- 12-gauge steel reinforced tapped plates are behind each side of the 13-gauge safety locking hinges; 8 machine screws rather than wood screws – will not strip out!
- Steel edge rather than wood edge ensures a security conscious door.
- Multiple embossment styles with choices from clear glass to highly decorative
- Stiffened foam-filled polyurethane core creates superior thermal efficiency.
- Choice of replacement trust inhibiting steel 18-gauge “Z-Bar” or new construction finger jointed wood frames
- Non-lite doors carry an 18U-Value. Majority of models with door lites meet or exceed Energy Star requirements.
- Frames include aluminum kerfed magnetic seal and compression weather-strip side stops.
- Wide array of lifetime warrantied Schlage hardware choices
- 50-Year Transferable Warranty
Every eleven seconds in the United States, a break-in happens that results in a loss of personal possessions, damage to property and unwanted violent encounters.
The following features and components of our doors help to guard against security breaches:
- 18-gauge hardened steel frame
- 22-gauge galvanized textured steel skin (Texturing and crimping increases strength of steel.)
- 13-gauge steel hinges
- 12-gauge steel reinforcement plates behind each hinge side
- Steel angled edges on all four sides
- Safety interlock
- “B” Fire Rating
- Security lens
- Security piston
- Safety glass
Insulated steel entry doors generally have a better R-factor than wood doors. Most of our doors are Energy Star qualified and have tight-fitting frames and energy-efficient cores. Some models with glass include double or triple pane insulating glass to reduce heat transfer.
- Polyurethane core
- Magnetic seal
- Sized to fit
- 6-way fin style sweep
- Designer glass
with multiple panes
- Adjustable composite threshold
- Bo-Sag installation techniques
- Thermal frame
- Compression stops
- Lexan inserts
- Insulated sill
Bristol uses heavy-duty 18-gauge steel in our replacement doorframes. The hinge mounting area on Bristol wood framed doors accommodates 18-gauge steel plates. Use of these heavy gauge-reinforcing brackets provides additional strength and security. Hinge mounts feature 11-gauge welded steel reinforcing brackets for strength and security. In contrast, other manufacturers rely on only a few short wood screws to secure your family and valuable possessions.
Through the use of polypropylene composite collars and pressure stamped steel retaining flanges, Bristol’s added strength enables us to offer our industry leading 50-year warranty. Other manufacturers rely on foam to hold the lockset and deadbolt in place, which allows intruders to easily gain access by kicking in the door, crushing the lockset and deadbolt area.
Bristol craftsmen apply a beautiful finish coat – either painted or stained or both – right at the factory in your choice of colors. Bristol protects this finish with superior packaging to ensure safe shipping. Some other manufacturers just apply a wash coat of primer and ship it without packaging, without painting or staining, without hardware but with many potential problems!